Started Jan 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoDogger
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
New DSLRS vs Older DSLRS Color VS film rant
Jan 26, 2008

Well, i just wanted to write about all the new DSLRS, chips and colors that could possible change. This is not just related to Pentax but to almost all DSLRS with new types of chips and image processing engines.

Over the past few years it appears that the camera makers keep changing chips and Image processing engines (obviously). At first I thought that each version of the New DSLR would keep the same type of color in the picture. To some extent this is true. After a few generations of cameras from the K100 to K10D now to the New CMOS K20D I am curious on the type and feel of the photos. Sure they will be similar but how exact are we talking.

This is nothing new thou since I have bought into the Olympus E500, 510 and now E3 systems as well. To be honest the image processing from the E500 to the E510 is very large in my opinion.

That said it is almost like changing film types every time you buy a New DSLR EVEN within the same Brand Line which is disappointing.

I know what I am saying will not make much sense to some folks who do not shoot alot with their cameras. But the fact that their is little or no backwards compatibility to how these cameras will perform kind of sucks.

Now I have heard the New Nikon D300 does have a look and feel menu option that allows you to shoot like a Nikon d200. Not sure it works ???

Just curious but seems like if we had a film like attitude in building DSLRS we can all get consistent colors just like the Film days.

Your thoughts ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow