ME-1 eyecup or AF chip useful for manual focus?

Started Jan 23, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zhiyong Sun
Regular MemberPosts: 302
Like?
ME-1 eyecup or AF chip useful for manual focus?
Jan 23, 2008

The search is down so have to post the question

I am playing with an OM 50mm 1.8 lens on my E510, as I would like some indoor no flash ability and think the larger aperture will help (plus this lens is cheap and i can't afford a F2.0 one right now). After playing a bit I realize when wide open the DoF is so small that even in the viewfinder it seems focused, the image turns out out of focus. It's like 8 out of 10 times bad shot for me. On the other hand when using the LCD to focus, even without the magnification, I can obtain focus fairly accuratly. I guess it's because I wear glasses and the viefinder is a bit small. but I prefer to use the optical viewfinder as the LCD gives a really long lag for capturing the shot.

If you have used the ME-1 magficication eyecup, to what extend do you feel it enhance your chance of getting a good focus, comparing to without it?

Or will the new AF confirmation chip help in achieve the correct focus? I remember reading here from an early user of this chip that the focus confirmation light won't go off even the object has been out of focus. If that's the case then it can't really help achievin the right focus can it? And the chip is now more expensive than the eyecup.

Thanks for reading the question.
--
http://public.fotki.com/forrestsun/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow