Started Jan 23, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Woodenfish
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
OM-1 Lenses
Jan 23, 2008

When I registered my new E-510, Olympus Canada sent me a $20 voucher on my birthday, in exchange for completing their survey. I decided to use it this weekend and order the MF-1 adapter so I could try out my ole OM-1 lenses just for kicks. I was surprised when I got home today and it was waiting for me! It was well after dark and too nasty out to try and shoot anything outside, so I put the setup to the test with my favourite test subject - my dog, who had assumed her usual position.

I find manual focusing with the E-510 to be a struggle at the best of times. Isure wish you could transfer the old OM viewfinder and split prism focus aid along with the lenses! However, here's a couple that turned out not too bad. I must say that I'm quite surprised at how well the E-510 takes to this setup - I'm anxious to try these lenses in good light.

The first one is a Tokina 35-105 F3.5-4 at about 100 mm (x2=200 mm in 4/3 terms) at f8 using a FL36 flash and a diffuser. The second is the Zuiko 50mm f1.8 that came with my camera over 30 years ago. This one was at f 5.6, again with the FL36 and diffuser.

Keith

Woodenfish's gear list:Woodenfish's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow