ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
the hotel
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,485
Like?
Be carefull where you take photos
Jan 11, 2008

Fence Red tail / Post Red Tail (?Jail?)

The fence Red Tail almost got me in jail. I was in between the airport and the air force base at Colorado Springs thinking I would get a chance at a photo of a commercial airplane. I was parked on the highway right away in a pull off waiting for a plane when this Red Tail Hawk showed up so I started taking photos. After getting a few bursts off I went back to the highway and about a mile later when I was making a turn at the entrance to the air base (Peterson) Air Force Security pulled me over. Red lights and the guard got out of the car and told me to stay in my vehicle. About 10 minutes later he came up to my camera wagon and said they had a report I was taking pictures of their air base. I explained NO that from the pull off I couldn't see anything on the base but a grassy knob and I was taking photos of a Hawk. I offered to show him the photos and did show him the photos and he admitted there was nothing about their base just the hawk in the photos. He then tells me I have to delete the Photos RIGHT now. I refused and told him I was on a public right away part of the state highway and their fence had no signs about any kind about restrictions. That he had three choices: Call the sheriff who has authority on state highway property, call the officer of the day to come out or arrest me. He told me to stay in my vehicle and went back to his car with his partner in it and I could see in my mirror they were on the radio. About another 10 minutes went by and he came back and told me to remember they do not allow photos of their base and I could leave.

Here are the photos I would not delete and I am glad cuz I like them.

-- hide signature --

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
huh?New
nahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow