who has given up on aperture and who is staying?

Started Jan 11, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
prevacidman
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
who has given up on aperture and who is staying?
Jan 11, 2008

I am an Apple loyalist. Love everything apple. But as a 5D photographer shooting outdoor portraits I am scared I am about to jump to lightroom. Don't want to leave but just too slow. Running on MBP 2GB...got 500GB iomega HDD and 23" apple cinema display. Here are some of the reasons.

-RAW import to Aperture, export to cs3 (either as psd or tiff) and back to Aperture...WAY TOO SLOOW...round trip travel time even when cs3 stays open is beating me down!

-cs3 is a MUST to me...I run a Lot of cool actions for my brides, families,and for my seniors. For my style of portrait art...cs3 is crucial on every shot!

-lift and stamp in aperture would be great IF i wanted to convey the same WB mood on every image...again each senior portrait is unique and individualized

-I have run all the "speed up" suggestion in all the online blogs and articles. Shut down all previews, and only used jpgs.... No big difference.

-I have had a library with 1100 RAW down to 1 jpg...same slow sluggish feel. beach ball spins, slider delayed and slow, addsd hours to my workflow

Again I do not want to leave but I have been dealing with this since it launched. Aperture becomes pretty useless to me because now I shoot RAW...upload to Aperture...export all as jpegs into a folder and import into iphoto work back forth with cs3 (which is soo fast!). Love to hear peoples suggestions and or advice and input. Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow