Started Jan 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
areidjr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,495
Like?
My first and last order from B&H.
Jan 4, 2008

I was expecting delivery of my Bigma and FA 77 1:1.8 LTD today, but B&H shipped requiring adult signature. Ok, I've run into that before, no problem. I called UPS to have the package redirected to my business address and was told that B&H does not allow their packages to be redirected. I call B&H to be told that they will not drop the adult signature requirement and will not allow the package to be redirected without charging me an additional shipping fee. In the past I have always been able to call UPS and redirect a package when this issue arose.

With all of the good things I have heard about B&H, I was surprised that they have no flexibility on their shipping, considering that they are not the lowest price vendor of these items. Basically he told me to either fork out an additional shipping charge or there was nothing they could/would do for me.

I will go back to my previous online vendors for future purchases. I didn't like having to deal with the call back and push to buy additional accessories, but, in the end, I paid less and always got my packages delivered.

-- hide signature --

Al

*istDL, K100D Super
Pentax DA 18-55 kit, FA50 1:1.4, A50 1:2,
Takumar 135 1:2.5, FA540FGZ
Sigma 18-50 1:2.8 EX DC, 105 1:2.8 EX DG Macro
70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG
Sigma EF-500 DG Super
Kenko 1.5x
Pentax P3

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow