Started Jan 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
megavolt
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
SX100 vs S3
Jan 3, 2008

I posted before, trying to decide between the A720 and the sx100. After doing some more research, my choices have changed. I am now trying to decide between the sx100 and the S3.

The differences that I am mainly concerned about are - picture quality, movie quality, Dig II vs Dig III, ISO differences, pixels, media cards and the fact that the SX100 has no viewfinder.

It really doesn't make a big difference to me if the zoom is 10x or 12x, but I am concerned about picture quality throughout all the various light conditions. From what I read, both the SX100 and the S3 don't do all that well in the higher ISO ranges, so I don't think that I would be using the higher ISO much. How much better is the Digic III over the Digic II? Will there be a big difference between the 6 and 8 mp (I don't make much enlargements but I do a lot of cropping? How is the macro in the SX100? Movie quality? I read a lot of reviews on various sites, but I'd like to hear from the photographers themselves. SX100 users - is not having a viewfinder all that bad, if one is not shooting a lot of action shots?
Thank you

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow