ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr_Lang
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Just a thought...
May 1, 2002

Background:

I'm a 24 year old student that live in the nothern part of Norway, not far from Sweden. I finish my studies this spring and some time after that I plan to get a job as an engeneer. But I have the whole summer free for the first time in 12 years. So I thought that I might travel out in the world with no spesific target as a holliday. So the best alternative for me is to borrow my friends car and head into Sweeden. I first thought about taking friends with me, but desided that this is something that I want to do for myself and I want to feel the freedom of not having to obey to any planing and other peoples wishes. After some research I found to major happenings in sweeden that I would like to attend to. One festival with lots of cool music and one Top Fuel Drag-razing competition. These to events can easily be combined as its only 2 weeks between them and these to weeks I could spend driving around looking at tourist attractions, taking photos and spending the day in cities. All togheter this trip will last from 3 to 4 weeks.

My plan:

As you might expect from me posting this at dpreview, I enjoy taking pictures. So this will be a sentral part of my holliday. And this is where it start to become interesting. Why not put up a webside that I on a dayly basis update with pictures and a travel diary. This would naturally contain graphic describing of what the scene was like when I took my photos, experiences I have on my trip and thoughts about what its like to spend my time traveling alone in a foren country. I could even write about people that I meet and their experiences. This page will be open to anyone that want to follow me over the internet. I could have a forum where people can come with examples of activities and where I could come with direct feedback on things that people are interested in. People will also have the posibillity to contact me directly. This will be a kind of reality internet as opposed to reality tv.

Practicaly:

I'll do all the programing myself, so this is no problem. I have server space thats far beyond what I probobly would need for a project like this.

Conserns:

Nobody will find it interesting and I'll put down alot of hard work for nothing...

My question:

Do you fine folks have any ideas as to how this can be done? Anything to add to the plan? And most of all- is this something that people can fint interesting and something that will be interesting enough to make people check back the next day?

-- hide signature --

C21OOUZ

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow