Started Dec 31, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Guy Nehrenz
New MemberPosts: 19
BeachCamera.com
Dec 31, 2007

Please stay away from BeachCamera.com. I purchased a Pentax K10D on 12/19/2007. After receiving it, I looked it over and tested it. It seemed OK. So, since there was a rebate available which was ending within the month, I removed the UPC codes from the box and sent them in to Pentax. The only choices I had was to either forgo the rebate and hold on to the UPC codes, or roll the dice that the camera was OK and send in the rebate. And BeachCamera knows this.

The next day, my camera began to go south. The screen would not stay on and eventually would not come on at all. I looked closer at the camera and noticed that the USB port pins were smashed. Since this is directly connected to the camera's computer, I realized why these problems were occuring. I contacted beach camera and was told that because I did not have the UPC codes, I could not return the camera and had to send it to Pentax. Pentax is not known for good customer service. In fact, if you do a search, you will find several instances of Pentax telling customers they had damaged the camera and would not cover it under warranty.

Anyway, I decided to make this case public and posted my story on the web. Amazingly, I was contacted right away by beach camera. Unfortunately, I have already sent the camera to Pentax and am now planning a class action law suit. So the moral to the story, stay away from BeachCamera.com. No matter how many wonderful reviews they have received, if you dont have the UPC codes, you are on your own.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow