Who's returning their G9?

Started Dec 26, 2007 | Discussions thread
Ednaz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,364
Like?
Returned the first one - DOA
In reply to digitalj, Dec 31, 2007

The first one I got was DOA. Man, I have the patience of a five year old when a gift doesn't work, made me crazy.

But the exchanged one works fine, and I have to say I'm surprised that anyone would find the camera to come up so short that you'd take it back. I regularly shoot Nikon D2x bodies, D80 bodies, and medium format digital (rented, not owned), and got the G9 because I thought it'd be a lot more pleasant to carry around than what I'd been doing, which was carry a D80 and a couple of lenses. (I'm from the school of photography that believes you can't ever get a great picture if you forgot to have your camera along... and life tends to throw great photos your way when you least expect it.)

I'm actually very, very happy at the high ISO performance, with a little bit of technique on my part (learned shooting older digital SLRs at high ISO and having to make the best of it) it performs wonderfully.

All that said, I think the user interface is horrible, but I knew that going in - Canon's digital UI has always been more difficult to figure out than Nikon's, even for long time Canon shooters.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow