Started Dec 29, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim Streater
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
New K100D Super
Dec 29, 2007

My wife was given a K100D Super this Xmas. She's taken lots of pix so far but hardly any outdoors yet, and we haven't had a chance to transfer them to the computer either.

Some questions though:

1) As you can imagine, lots of indoors flash pictures of family and neighbours. The flash behaviour does not seem to be consistent; some pictures are underexposed. I took a test picture, for example, across the room of a shiny cabinet. It came out dark. I swivelled my body slightly left and took another. This one was much better. I'm guessing this was because lots of light was reflected back from cabinet in the first shot. What's the best mode to be using while keeping control of depth of field?

2) I went outside today with her camera and my MZ-M (50mm - F1.4), with 64ASA KodaChrome. Setting the K100D to 200 ISO and to 35mm to give the same FoV, there seemed to be only about 1 stop difference between the settings on the camera. Is this as it should be?

3) I want to understand how to use my older M Pentax lenses with the K100D, but I'll post about that separately.

Compliments of the season to all,
--
Tim

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow