ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sam james
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
TX1 video is GREAT!
Dec 27, 2007

Hi there,

I just bought a TX1 and even though I was dubious about its design, handling, small batery and huge demand on Memory Cards I really think its a great mini HD camera! I have been using the G9 and S80 for similar Motion Jpeg capture but only at 15fps at 1024x768. The TX1 at 1280 x 720 has less vertical pixels but the translation to a professional edit suite is much superior to the video from the G9 and S80. Working in 720P is good. Import is quick and rendering doesn't take too long. I slow the footage down quite a bit and use filters to grade the images. With the TX1 recording progressive at 30fps its just a great little image sampler for anyone doing video art or animation. It is limited in the dark and has no manual focus but generally it puts out as punchy an image as I've got from the Canon HV20 HD Video Cam, probably because it is capturing progresively as Motion Jpeg. At least, for a third of the cost, I'd say its an absolute bargain, though it looks like an ugly little box, image quality can definitely compete with single chip HD Video Cameras.
GREAT!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow