Started Dec 24, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermiserable
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Post your best portrait
Dec 24, 2007

Here is the story: When I was first looking to step up to a dSLR, I was strongly considering Pentax as I had shot 35 mm with a Pentax for some time and was happy with the results. I also had a few lenses that would have been a nice supplement to a K10D or (more likely) K100D kit. Then I started to look critically at the photos... While I have seen some nice shots, I was unable to find a portrait taken with a Pentax dSLR that blew me away. In almost every case, the pics lack image depth and the skin tones were somewhat disappointing. So, I opted for a Nikon instead and have been happy with my choice.

That said, I have a relative who is very seriously considering the K10D as he has about 6 Pentax lenses. I have been hesitant to recommend the brand to him based on what I have seen, but I would hate to see him take a loss on his lens investment just because my sample size was to small to properly make an informed analysis.

So, could you please prove me wrong and post some fantastic portraits taken with your Pentax dSLR? No "portraits" of cats or moose or whatever... actual people, please. Event photos (like weddings) would also be fine. Kindly also indicate which camera, lens, type of file (jpg or raw), and what (if any) pp has been done. Many thanks.

-mm

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BazzNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow