Started Dec 21, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SkyTamer
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Canon's bold move, (My expectation)
Dec 21, 2007

Canon, is time to break the mold again and bring this market sector to a confused halt, and surprise your customers with a bold move circa of the Digital Rebel introduction days, ... no, even better!

I am not awaiting for a succesor model to the 400D with what may be expected to be delivered; digic III, live view, a marginal increase on viewfinder and borrowed specs from the 40D. I seriously expect the next Rebel to make honor to the moniquer and shake some ground to our delight. By now you have realized that your flagship blackbox is not a Mark, but your "Consumer" model.

Personally, I feel let down by the 40D, it seems like your approach is to further structurize our passion for this media and present us with morsels while you hold the cake on the other hand. Naive?, no, I am lucid to know this is a market of our own doing and that everyone is regulated by it's principles, however, there is a time to make a buck and another to invest two. What better place to invest these two than your "favorable-year-end-results" producing customers.

Visit flickr, visit smug mug, visit, picasa, and take a look into what enthusiasts, mothers and fathers, sons, daughters, friends, he she and they can produce with your consumer level box,... as a company you should be proud, as a promoter of this art you should feel some guilt.

I don't wish for you to give us Digic III, live view, 100% view finder, full frame sensor, weather and dust sealed, magnesium alloy frame, 3.5 " lcd, and a shoulder-strap that stays put on your shoulder, I seriously expect this for the next Rebel, for less than $1,000.00 dollars,... dream on?,... how about if you wake up!

Sincerely,
Current customer,
RH

As many of you, I am the owner of a 400D, which replaced a 350D, which replace a 300D. Of course I would like to own a Mark model, however I am in the belief Canon

SkyTamer's gear list:SkyTamer's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow