Started Dec 13, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cloggie_UK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,455
Like?
FBA - Metz 58-AF1
Dec 13, 2007

Yet another addiction.... Flash Buying Addiction.

Since yesterday the proud owner of a Metz 58 AF-1.

Done some tests and both PTTL and Auto mode seems to work perfectly with no perceivable difference between the two as far as exposure is concerned. Exposures seenm to be very consistent. Had a little play with wireless flash as well which seems to work effortlessly.

Very impressed with this flash. I especially like the way you can bounce the flash and use the built in secondary flash for fill in flash.

One thing I'd like to mention and which is also mentioned in the manual is that in PTTL mode, the preflash is so close to the main flash exposure that I cannot tell that it is preflashing which is something people have been complaining about with the Pentax flash i.e. ending up with shots where people have their eyes shut or half shut as a reaction to the preflash. As far as I can tell, this is not going to be a problem with the Metz.

When I get a bit more time over the weekend I will try to take some decent pics with this flash so I can post them here.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow