Started Dec 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
minihorses01
Regular MemberPosts: 493
Like?
More Lip Service from Canon on Mk III Repair
Dec 11, 2007

My Mk III was dropped off Dec. 3rd at Canon Irvine repair center for "the fix". They estimated a two week turn around. I called to check on the progress today. The first person I spoke to said that there was a note on my work order stating "the repair had been put on hold pending technical information from Canon". I was put on hold for 10 minutes before the line went dead. I called back and got a different person who first said that the hold order was on it simply because it was in line for repair and they had a lot of cameras ahead of mine. She said they started on December 3rd. I said, well mine was turned in on December 3, so there shouldn't be many in front of it. She said they actually started taking in cameras before December 3rd. When I asked when I might expect the repair to be completed, she said the repair takes four weeks. I told her I was told two weeks when we dropped it off. She said its two weeks after it gets to the repair room and it takes two weeks to get there. She then said that they didn't start making the repairs right away because they didn't have all the tools yet from Canon to make the repair. I said you mean they took my camera in and weren't prepared to make the repair? She said "you weren't informed about that?" NO!

She then asked if I had any other questions. I said just one, how do I get a new camera? She said she was sure that Canon would repair the camera. I asked if she was sure they knew how.
--
David
http://www.PhotoSmithography.com
MM#377049

“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the

experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do
so.” -- Douglas Adams

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow