Started Dec 10, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Scott Kelby says 8mpix is enough
Dec 10, 2007

Interviewed in PC magazine he says six is all most people need. He then says if you print 13x19 on a regular basis, it is nice to have 8, but 6 will get the job done.

Many here feel the same way, so I am starting to think my post processing is far worse than I ever suspected it is, because I am lucky to get a good 8x12 with a 5D.

I know, this is a recurring theme for me, but I am seriously planning to buy a 1DS-mk3, that’s a bunch of money, and I want to be sure I am not making a huge mistake. Maybe I need to bite the bullet and realize that photography is really 1% getting the image and 99% post processing.

There are no stand alone Photoshop classes offered locally. I see them mixed in with photography classes at the local Jr. College. But they all say you need a film camera. This does not seem like the right type of training I need. So maybe I need to find a good Photoshop class in another city and travel there.

Any ideas here? I think I have exhausted books.

-- hide signature --
 Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow