Started Dec 10, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
newpentaxfan
Contributing MemberPosts: 641
Like?
5D - would you buy it again today?
Dec 10, 2007

95% of what I shoot are portraits, and most of them are in available light (often low). I'm considering the 5D for its stellar high ISO performance, resolution, and narrower DOF than APS-C options. All of these make for an excellent portrait camera.

I've read lots of reviews, and I have a pretty good sense of the strengths and weaknesses are of the 5D. The "weaknesses" don't bother me much... I don't shoot in inclement weather, so the lack of weather sealing isn't a big deal. I don't shoot sports or action so 3fps is more than adequate.

Dust reduction and anti-shake would be nice, but I'm sure I could live without them. I guess the real question I have for those who own the 5D is, would you buy it again today knowing what you now know?

I've heard there's a MkII version coming out soon, but the current 5D is already stretching the top of my budget. If the 5D is priced closer to $3k than $2k, I will not be able to afford it.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow