Started Dec 7, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sarlo100
Senior MemberPosts: 1,323Gear list
Like?
Pro1 retrofit
Dec 7, 2007

I recently got my hands on a Pro1. Wow, what a lens. The pictures have that "bite" that only a high quality lens can offer. I'm personally of the opinion that the sun will go nova before we'll ever see a Pro2, which is a shame. With that being the case, the only option available for the Pro1 would be if Canon somehow offered a "retrofit" program. I know, I know, the odds of that happening rank right up there with the Cubs winning the World Series, but just for arguments sake, what would you like to happen if Canon did eventually offer such a thing, and how much would you pay for it?

In the spirit of keeping it real, try to limit your wish list to likely components that already exist, instead of the typical "wish list", which will push the odds back to sun-nova type thing.

Here's what I would want (and might be within the realm of possibility):

Digic III
Modern AF
Modern NR routines

Modern movie modes (optical zoom if possible, but not the end of the world if not)
IS (if it is even possible without an enormous lens redesign)
An honest to goodness usable ISO 400 - new ISO scale (see modern NR routines)

Supposing Canon could offer that from all "off the shelf" components, would you do it for $300? $500? $200?

sarlo100's gear list:sarlo100's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 350D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow