Started Dec 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mario Giannini
Senior MemberPosts: 2,175Gear list
Like?
Problems with D300 - getting nervous
Dec 5, 2007

I'm getting a little nervous about my D300 (about a week old and only 450 shots):

Several days ago I had a problem indoors with my 85 1.8 lens where it just refused to shoot. I turned the camera off, removed the lens and remounted, and all seemed ok. Happened a couple times that day. Didn't pay much mind to this one.

Last night, while I had my SB600 attached to the camera it would sometimes refuse to shoot. The flash was charged and ready to fire, but nothing would happen after the focus was locked. I removed and reinstalled the SB600 and the problem went away, but came back several seconds later. I then removed it and tried cleaning the contacts. The problem didn't happen again, but I hadn't used it much more after that.

Today I was out in the cold (maybe 10 minutes) and the camera just seemed to lock up. Pressing any combination of buttons had no effect (for example, pressing the ISO button didn't show the ISO) and the camera wouldn't focus or do anything. The viewfinder readout was black. Turned it on and off and it was ok, then happened again several seconds later. Did a green-button reset and it seemed ok, but again stopped using it soon after.

So I've had problems that wappear to have been corrected with 3 different methods: Remounting the lens, remounting the flash, and a green reboot.

It is very frustrating spending $1800 on a camera and experiencing these kinds of problems. I am hoping the green button reset did the trick, but would hate to have to send the item in for service (I have to sell my D80 to pay for this thing).

Anyone else had similar problems?
--

Everything I write is a personal opinion. Even when I quote facts, they are the facts I personally choose to accept.
http://www.pbase.com/mariog

Mario Giannini's gear list:Mario Giannini's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow