Started Dec 2, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cplittleton
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
MPP-100 LCD 'cover'?
Dec 2, 2007

OK ... after several years of hiking with my 7D around various state parks and traveling with it across much of the western US, I've finally managed to knock the LCD cover off the back and not realize it was gone until it was too late (during evening camera cleaning after a day of hiking in 2 different parks).

I'm now in the market for a new one, and (miracle of miracles), they're not listed as 'available accessories' on any part of the Sony website I can find. A search of several camera store websites and a visit to my favorite local retailer turned up the same thing - zippo. A Google search turned up half a dozen "gray sellers" who list it as out-of-stock with no expected shipment dates (I'm guessing because they don't carry it anymore and never took it off thier website). Ebay was a similar dead-end.

Does anyone know of a retail outlet that still has a few of these gathering dust on a shelf somewhere?

I'm also tempted to try a Delkin shade (several retailers still have the one for the 7D available) ... would anyone be willing to share likes / dislikes?

(Sorry if this has been covered before - the search engine is down).

cplittleton's gear list:cplittleton's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Nik HDR Efex Pro +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow