Started Nov 22, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Philllister
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Like?
G9 aesthetics
Nov 22, 2007

How important to you is the physical aesthetics of the camera - the way your senses respond?

I like the way the G9 looks, and how it looks to someone seeing me with it. It looks unobtrusive, but professional. And my eyes are treated with an excellent screen.

And the way it feels - its reassuring weight (just right), it's cool metal casing, the way the controls you most want are easy to get at.

Sound? I've turned the bleeps and shutter sounds off and the G9's mechanical sounds are sleek and professional again.

Tastes good, too. Better than my Sony H1.

I've also got it in the leather case, the tight-fitting one. Tailor made. It's really easy to carry round my neck, and I can get it ready for a shot really quickly.

And it looks even more fantastic in the case. Makes the camera look more retro, rugged, and reassuring. And it probably is, in this case.

I'm one of those people who used to try to "age" my new jeans/denims before you could buy them like that off the shelf. The case looked too new. So I spent a couple of evenings just fondling it now and then. Getting rid of the hardness of the new leather so it felt softer to handle and looks like it's older than a week! It just looks better, more worn-in, less obvious.

(this thread is about aesthetics, after all)

But as well as all this fondling (or because of?) I've taken the G9 out with me much more than I'd have been taking out my XTi and have been very pleased

for example.

So, I'm enjoying holding it, looking at it, using it, eating it, and learning about it. But most of all I'm enjoying the photos I'm taking with it!

I haven't mentioned focal length, depth of field, or pixies. There's plenty of good stuff about that on these threads.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow