L10 now shipping in US for $912 (including Leica lens)

Started Nov 22, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pete Hwang
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
L10 now shipping in US for $912 (including Leica lens)
Nov 22, 2007

A quick google search shows the L10 now shipping in the US for as little as $912 (Broadway Photo), $917 (Camera Addict), and $921 (Prestige Camera) -- each with free shipping. This feels pretty reasonable, much more in ballpark with the Olympus 510 and Nikon/Canon competitors for this camera.

Amazon.com, Ritz Camera, and the other "big vendors" are still showing an asking price of $1299... almost $400 more!

Any reason not to order from one of the vendors shown above? According to http://www.everyprice.com/item.asp?item_id=194263&partner=g123&keyword=panasonic_l10&gclid=CIma4qnP748CFQcZYAodJg6h1A&ZipCode=98683&submit=Calculate , the vendors above (none of which I've ever heard of!) each have 5-star store ratings based on thousands of customer reviews. The prices look good, but will I get scammed if I place an order?

Anybody in the US get their hands on an L10 yet? What do you guys think? I've been surprised the forums have been so quiet on the L10, other than Ric in Singapore. Anybody else been willing to take the plunge?

-- hide signature --

Pete

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow