ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LuMax
Regular MemberPosts: 319
Like?
Info from a Nikon representative at an Expo in CO today
Nov 17, 2007

From the FWIW department:

I was at Mike's Camera in Boulder CO earlier today at a big "Digital Photography EXPO" where I had the joy of playing with a PRODUCTION D300 and a couple of new lenses. I didn't think to bring along a CF card and snag a few pics (my bad), but a couple of other fellas did and hopefullly they are posted somewhere on the internet.

Here is what I remember (I did not take notes):

-Shipping; the Nikon rep (I did not ask permission to post his name so I will refrain from doing so) specifically said that the D300s are in the wherehouse and will ship out via UPS from Louisville KY on the 20th, no sooner. They are doing a "staggered" shipment in an attempt to have the cameras arrive at all of the dealers on the same day regardless if you happen to live in KY or on one of the coasts. So (example) CA bound cameras will ship out first followed by the locals. He did state that the Thanksgiving holiday would indeed mess up the delivery a tad due to everything being closed. By this estimate and with Thanksgiving and the weekend thrown in, I am guessing it will appear at most dealers on the 26th, no sooner.

-Look for the D3 the first week of December, no production D3s "in country" yet. Initial supplies will be slim and they sincerely feel that once the reviews start coming in that the line to get one will increase dramatically. Same feeling about the D300.

-Expect the D300 grip (MB-D10) and other accessories to be available in roughly 2 weeks. The D300 I played with had the grip on it, 8fps is really fast!

-CaptureNX is indeed included in the first 300,000 units. If v2.0 is not in the D300 box, look for it in the very near future. He described it as a major upgrade.

• No graininess whatsoever at ISO 3200 on our test shots in the store.

-The rear LCD is spectacular, so is live view

This is all I can recall for now, if I remember more I will add it later.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow