mac or not to mac

Started Nov 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
DCSteve
Contributing MemberPosts: 870Gear list
Like?
Re: mac or not to mac
In reply to Ian Eisenberg, Nov 15, 2007

RG makes an excellent point. I just switched to mac from PC and I recognize many apparent advantages of the mac systerm. The wholesale software integration (and hardware, for that matter) is great and is reason alone to buy a mac. Furthermore, the system appears more stable. It hasn't crashed at all as I've loaded software onto the system, which is more than I can say for my previous Windows boxes. In fact, I have Windows XP running in Fusion and XP crashed last night on Fusion. However, the computer didn't crash.

However, I don't find the mac OS very easy to learn, after years of Windows. The lack of customization of the appearance of the interface (for example, I can't change font size on the menu bar) is frustrating and the fact that some programs don't work on mac (or website on Safari) is annoying, to say the least.

In terms of hardware reliability, I have no idea if the Apple or various PC components are more reliable.

In the end, the mac is a really fun machine to use and it has much to recommend it. I don't regret the purchase but it isn't the best thing since sliced bread.

Steve

DCSteve's gear list:DCSteve's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow