Started Nov 13, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pankrac
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
L10 review in Amateur Photographer 17 Nov 2007
Nov 13, 2007

'Just posted this in response to Barry's link to another L10 review. I am not that experienced on this forum and assuming quite a few people may be interested, I am creating a new thread which would make it more easily visible to a wider audience (?).' Ignore my personal opinion or if you are not interested, check the mag if you are and draw your own conclusions.'

Well, it may just be a matter of opinion, or inconsistent methods of testing or even inconsistent production quality, but Barney Britton's review in Amateur Photgrapher 17 Nov 2007 was not that good for L10. Surprisingly, image quality was the one of the more serious problems. Chroma noise, coloured fringing, unnatural cyan skies. Generally, he could see little evidence that 4/3 format has anything extra to offer from the point of view of image quality. Overal score 78%. In the same mag Canon 40D received 88%, Olympus E-510 85%

Ignoring the unrealistic price tag and user unfriendly marketing strategy, is the flip out LCD screen or face detection or even premium Leica lens going to make L10 attractive for me? I don't think so. An upgrade from my excellent LX1 (within acceptable limitations for a camera of this type), my first DSLR is unlikely to be Lumix. Shame.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow