Started Nov 13, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bdewitt
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
No hardware, just firmware upgrades I'd like to see
Nov 13, 2007
  • "Bulb" not limited to 30 seconds. Trying to multi-expose adds more noise than the equivalent single exposure. Try 3 ten second exposures multiple exposures compared to 1 thirty second exposure. Very different. Long RAW exposures with the 9100 are quite usable in Photoshop at the current limit. Let the photographer decide what is "too long".

• Live histogram reflects exposure settings in Manual exposure mode. Why is it that exposure shift in Program mode can shift the histogram, but Manual settings can not? Manual exposure is a total guess. Fuji only applies a go/no-go indicator based on maximum values. I want to place the histogram.

• DOF accurately viewed. "Stop down" DOF available when requested. This should be at least available in Manual Focus mode. I'm not sure what button I'd use, but there are several that would fall readily available to the fingers.

Unlike requests for IS, CA and other optical based improvements, this stuff is firmware. For me, this would provide image control features that I cannot purchase in any of the low-medium end DSLRs! Ok, low light noise will not compete, but these enhancements could carry the F9100 and its siblings into quite a competitive battle for those of us with limited budget but a quest for control of our images.

Thanks for reading the rant!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow