Started Nov 12, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PatrickNSF
Regular MemberPosts: 219Gear list
Like?
Epson R1800 off-center printing issue
Nov 12, 2007

I'm using a new Epson R1800 which has replaced a dead 2200, and am having an issue with centering prints. Now matter what size print I make on any size paper (tested with 8.5 x 11, 5 x 7 and 4 x 6) my print is shifted about 1/8" to 1/16" of an inch to the right side of the paper. It's not really noticeable with 1" borders, but is very noticeable with something like 1/4" borders.

I get the same results using a Mac and a PC, and printing from iPhoto (on the Mac) and Photoshop Elements (on both the Mac and PC). I also getting the same result when printing from Word.

Is there any way to adjust this setting physically with the printer? I've done a head alignment, which didn't make a difference. I also have the paper flush with the right side of the paper path. I feel like the print head should be starting to about 1/8" to 1/16" more to the left from where it is starting now.

I don't recall having this issue with the 2200, and I don't have it with my cheap R200, so I'm fairly certain the issue is with the new printer.

Thanks.

PatrickNSF's gear list:PatrickNSF's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow