http://www.PhotoSmithography.com
MM#377049

“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent
disinclination to do
so.” -- Douglas Adams

Joe Peoples writes:

How are you storing your drop? Will you roll it onto a PVC pipe or randomly stuff it into a laundry bag? If you roll it onto a pipe, I would steam it (always from the back). If you stuff it into a bag, steaming is a waste of time. A small drop can be spritzed with water (spray it on the back with a pressurized garden sprayer, not the front), as was mentioned in another response. I have a few dozen muslins in my inventory and I put them in a commercial dryer, on high heat for 15-20 minutes, to remove the wrinkles. The drops are then randomly stuffed into a laundry bag, to avoid symmetrical wrinkles. I'm not sure how Avmona paints their drops, but I sometimes wash my drops, at the laundromat, cold cycle, no detergent, then into the dryer for an hour on high heat. I have lots of traffic on them and dirt is eventually visible. Unless you roll the drop onto a pipe to avoid wrinkles, your lighting must be somewhat flat or even the mildest wrinkles will show.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow