Started Nov 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mattramos
Regular MemberPosts: 344
Like?
1DsIII for a wedding photographer?
Nov 9, 2007

As a current owner of the 1DsII and a wedding photographer, I'm really torn about the new 1DsIII and the fact that I really want it, but am not sure that I need it. I have shot nearly 85 weddings with my 1DsII and loved it, and despite ordering a new 1D Mark III for the wife this week, am just not sure what to do for my personal camera body. I know that a wedding photographer certainly does not need to have 21 megapixels, however I feel almost like i'm taking a step backwards by going from the psycology of 17 megapixels down to 10 (by the way, I know the 1D Mark III is an amazing camera, which is why we got one anyway for our studio).

We do other work besides weddings where having 21 megapixels would be a huge thing to have, but 85% is weddings... I'm just curious if I'm the only primariy wedding photographer that's going to be (or thinking about anyway) getting the new 1DsIII.... am I nuts to do so, or should I just stick with the 1DIII instead?

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated as I'm really torn, thanks!
--
Matt
http://www.mattramosphotography.com
'Megapixels are the key to a happy life!'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow