Started Nov 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
harveyabc
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
experience with 2 portable hard drives in thailand
Nov 9, 2007

so i finally feel confident with my trusty wolverine 60gb and ipod as backup for my 3 weeks in thailand.

things are going well for several days, backing up to both. then i decide to plug both of them into same socket overnite for charging. i have done that with the ipod before. the next morning both drives are dead and remain dead for the remainder of the day. at the end of the day i decide to try the ipod one more time and it comes to life. same with the wolverine. i charge both of them separately for the remainder of trip with no problems. except that for a few days the display does not come on in the window of the wolverine even though it works.

the ipod was a pain to work with. it had to be fully charged in order to work and after downloading, the battery was exhausted and needed charging again. it was also slow going to transfer images. i finally stopped using it. best part of taking it along was viewing images on plane back home. i did manage to get several memory cards onto cds and a dvd.

the wolverine was less of a headache and more reliable. however, next year, i'm taking a laptop, the wolverine and some dvds

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow