Started Nov 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Foredeck
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Which model to buy?
Nov 1, 2007

I know this has been asked many times, and I've gone through the reviews, but have not been able to find the right answer to my question.

I am looking to buy my first dSLR camera. I have a Fuji camera at this time, and I enjoy playing with the features in it, but would like to upgrade.

I have a newborn in the house, so the camera's main function will be to photograph her life. From playing inside to playing outside in the next few years.

I also enjoy doing nature shots, either of waterfalls, animals or just trees and flowers. I have not taken any pictures of action or just people in general yet, but would like to try to improve my skills in these shots with an SLR.

I would like a camera that is a little weather sealed, as it will be brought on a boat and on cmaping trips. I wouldn't take pictures in the rain, but there would be situation with either light spray or moisture(nothing extreme).

The basic camera would satisfy my current needs, but I'm afraid to outgrow it too quickly. And, even 6 mp would be fine, as I will never print larger then 8 X 11.

And, finally, my budget would be about 700/750$. I am thinking either the E500 or the E410, both the 2 lens kit.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow