ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SR Works
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Advice on BW printing with 2200
Oct 26, 2007

Hello,

I used to be a dark room guy and I guess when you come from that background, you're always comparing your ink jet prints to the results you expect to get based on memories of printing "in the old days." So even though I've owned the 2200 for quite awhile now, I've never been completely happy with the black and white prints I've made. There always seems to be some color cast and I eventually end up adding a sepia tone to offset the cast. While this works on some images, there are others where I'd just like to have a neutral look.

Can anyone offer any advice? I have an upcoming show and have started making my prints recently. I'd been planning on purchasing the 3800 for this show, because I'd heard it made superior black and white prints, but if I don't have to make the purchase right now ($$$), I'd love to make do with the 2200. If the 3800 is the best solution though, I can scrape up the funds!

I've done some google research and read some old posts on Luminous Landscape about using the "photorealistic" setting in color managment as a solution to the color cast 2200 issue. Any experience with this practice?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow