Amazon's rebate practice?

Started Oct 23, 2007 | Discussions thread
brimacx1
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: Buy from B&H
In reply to ePan, Oct 25, 2007

Yes, it took Amazon a few days but they finally adjusted their prices correctly. I contacted them 3 different times as I had bought the 10-22. After trading a few emails with their customer service, I learned that they are a huge huge company (yes, they certainly are) and they solely rely on pricing info from their suppliers in order to price their products. I guess sometimes their prices take a couple of days to reflect any instant rebates. Not sure if I buy their response but that's the gist I got from their emails. I like to think that me and everyone else complaining about it brought it to their attention and they acted accordingly.

I do like their 30-day return policy and their price reduciton policy. I bough the lens on the 15th - 3 days before the rebate went into effect and I've called them 3 times in the past week to get refunds when the price has fallen. I bought it for $684 and it's now $619 and I've been credited the difference...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow