Started Apr 13, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TurboTed
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,683
Like?
Lens Alignment (F707 vs S70)
Apr 13, 2002

In the spirit of Petros' post, I thought I start a new one.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=2525859

I took both of my cameras put the lens to my laptop screen and shot a picture of a white background. I then applied Petro's patented PhotoShop technique to enhance the vignetteing to determine how well the CCD is aligned within these particular cameras. I don't believe this shows degree of vignetting since the images are "normallized". The images in this case just show where the center of the light coming from the lens falls on the CCD.

Here is the result from my F707. Not too bad, just slightly off center to the right resulting in the left side being slightly darker.

Here is the result from my S70. In this case, it did not even perform as well as the F707. This time, the center is lower leaving the top darker than it should be.

My S70 still takes great pictures and does not exhibit any yet to be named Dark Top Side Syndrom.

What could we conclude? Lens alignment, while it certainly doesn't help, is not the cause of DLSS.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow