Started Oct 22, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Monica Rysavy
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Online Photo course: What do you think?
Oct 22, 2007

I just purchased my first DSLR today, a Canon Rebel XTi and am having a lot of fun with it so far. Prior to this I've been shooting with a Sony Cyber Shot for almost three years and used a Canon Rebel 2000 before that.

I came across an online photo course by a photographer I admire today. I'd never considered taking a course online and wanted to get some feedback in terms of what everyone might think about taking a photography course online. Is it more common than I think? The cost of this course is $175 and includes a $50 gift certificate to use to purchase actions and/or presets from the photographer's online store.

According to the description of the course, it will be forum based lessons, which will include Auto Settings such as AV, TV, and P, ISO, F-Stops, Shutter Speeds, Comp, and Post Processing. There will also be three homework assignments that will be Hard critqued through a private flickr gallery.

What do you think, for a DSLR newbie such as myself, would this be a good format to take photo lessons? Is this a good price, low, average, high, etc..?

Thanks for your input!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow