How bad is it to leave VR on?

Started Oct 17, 2007 | Discussions thread
skwillt
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Translation error in lens manual
In reply to Jabs767, Oct 20, 2007

As I am a native german speaker, I first read the german part of my 105/2.8 VR manual.

There it clearly states to never turn off the camera when VR is set to on. If forgotten you should turn the camera on again and switch VR to off.

This is clearly not the same as stated in the English part of the manual, where the speaking is identical to the part you quoted from the 18-200 manual.

I think this is an error that occured during translation of the manual from English to German, but it somehow explains why some people quote differently from the manual. However, in all other languages, the speaking is similar to the English part of the manual, as far as I can understand these languages. So I conclude it is safe to leave VR set to on.

Regards,
Thomas D.

skwillt's gear list:skwillt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow