Started Oct 19, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gail
Forum ProPosts: 13,249Gear list
Like?
Good bye TZ3 - Hello FZ18!
Oct 19, 2007

Don't worry. My TZ3 is in very good hands; I gave it to a family member. If I didn't think a lot of this camera, I would not have given it to someone I cherish.

I just personally need a more advanced digital camera, one with a viewfinder. And it arrived yesterday afternoon.

It haven't used the FZ18 long enough to make any experienced comments about image quality and the like. I certainly haven't decided on any default settings; I'm just exploring everything at this time.

But my initial impression....the FZ18 seems to be everything I've wanted in an advanced prosumer digital camera!

Fortunately, using the TZ3 gave me a jump start on understanding the menu system and some of the features. But I have a long way to go in getting a handle on all this camera has to offer.

For now, let me just add that I love the joystick (is this new or is it on other Pany cameras?). Never had so many key features I use as a photographer so quickly and easily accessible. I can't wait until the day comes that I stop fumbling with controls and settings, and know this camera like the back of my hand.

I've only had time to take a few test shots with it. Also, I'm post processing on a laptop. Every time I change my position the slightest up and down the brightness and contrast of the photos change on the monitor, so I hope they're viewable and don't look muddy (I'll need to hop over to the Retouching forum for some help on this).

I hope to get out and about with my new found friend this weekend.

Thanks to all who shared their images and comments that helped in my decision making process. I look forward to continued learning and sharing about this camera.

-- hide signature --

gail ~ http://www.pbase.com/gailb
My digital camera BLOGs: Pany TZ3, Canon SD700, A570 & S2, Nikon 5400
http://www.digicamhelp.com/camera-logs/index.php

gail's gear list:gail's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS M
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ErikNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow