Started Oct 15, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miguel Fonseca
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
D3 is like an Harley Davidson to me
Oct 15, 2007

A few days ago I posted a tread asking for what would be a nice travel lens for the D3 I have on order...

I only got one reply, from one guy that nicely put said "D3 as a travel camera?!.. save your money, you're pathetic...!".

I still don't know what would be closer to my current 18-200VR and D200.

You know, to me Digital photography is an obsession rather than just a hobby. Other guys have Harley's or Hayabuza's (which they ride once a month, but clean every day). Because the best bike money can buy is kind of one tenth of the best car.. So many can feel their dream came true with bikes. Mine is with cameras... And it costs half of bikes... Sorry to disappoint the pro-lovers and amateur rejecters...

I still don't know what the best lens would be... any help? The 70-300VR or the older 80-400VR, or must I go for the more expense, better IQ, heavier and less flexible 70-200VR. The question is if any of the later have enough IQ attributes to be an honourable partner to the D3...

Many thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HA!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow