Started Oct 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hockee21
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Upgrade from 10D to 40D?
Oct 11, 2007

Here is my set up...Canon 10D, 550EX flash, 70-200mm 2.8L IS, 24-70mm 2.8L, Sekonic L-758DR light meter and other odds and ends (tripods, polarizer, etc.) I have been learning/shooting for about 5 years now and recently have gotten the confidence to attempt to start making some money to pay for my hobby and habbit by shooting wedding/engagement pictures. For wedding pictures I have been renting studio lighting and remote triggers from a shop about an 1.5 hours away from my hometown. As of now this has been a side job and I am not ruling it out as a career in the future, but for now I am not ready to quit my day job to go full time. Now that you know a little background here is the question for which I would like some advice. Would I gain much in terms of image quality (specifically sharpness, DR, and noise reduction at ISO 800-1600) by upgrading my 10D to a 40D? Or would my money be put to greater use if I bought some used qflashes or even some more 580/480ex flash heads for my lighting? As of now I have shot 2 weddings and am not looking to shoot more than 1 or 2 weddings a month. I try to get out and shoot personal stuff once or twice a week, just to give you an idea of how often I shoot. Any advice and or tips would be well appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow