Started Oct 7, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elroyie
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Old 20D in, new 40D out...
Oct 7, 2007

Today I placed my 40D back in Canon store, the whole thing about TC's is very disturbing and I decided not to compromise.

In the store, that has also the Canon service, promised to make a thorough check and to update me, but I am little bit pessimist here...

The thread that describing my problem is here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=24792272

The Straw that broke the camel's back was a picture of a street cat out my house, while checking the 20D again to ensure my claims, I took about 10 frames of this cat with my 20D + 100-400L (on 400mm) and the X1.4 tc wide open, handhelded with very low shutter speed and the results were great...

ISO 800, 1/50, f5.6 ( f8.0), 400mm ( 560mm)

For those who are a little bit sceptic and won't understand my 'move' here are few examples from my portfolio that were all taken with the TC on without a tripod, I prefer to compose while picturing and to make the less crop that I can.

-- hide signature --
 elroyie's gear list:elroyie's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow