Harman FB Al Gloss

Started Sep 15, 2007 | Discussions thread
MikeA
Senior MemberPosts: 2,236
Like?
Re: Good results with B9180
In reply to MIKMOK, Oct 7, 2007

Arriving late to the party...I can underscore what you've written about the Harman gloss paper. I've been printing on it with an Epson R1800. Though I seem to get a slightly deeper black when I print onto my usual-and-accustomed paper (Pictorico PPG), the Harman results are excellent and their canned profiles appear to have been made well. The paper surface is pleasing to the eye (and seems much tougher than the Harman matte paper's surface).

I notice slight bronzing when the Epson R1800's "gloss optimizer" isn't used. The effect is not extreme. There doesn't seem to be any ill effect when the print is viewed head-on. The gloss optimizer tends to dull highlight areas a tiny bit and might even add a very very slight blue-ish cast to them. I'd love to get along without it and I think I can skip it with the Harman paper. I hope they plan to arrange fading/color shifting tests via Wilhelm's lab (or others, if there are other such labs). The possibility of reduced print life is always a concern with papers that aren't matched by design to particular ink-sets.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow