Started Oct 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bgillies
Regular MemberPosts: 196
Like?
New high ISO D3 pix from SportsShooter
Oct 1, 2007

I don't know how to link directly to it, but a post from last night on SportsShooter has some great high ISO samples. I've cut and paste the posting below. It was made by Dave Einsel.

-> > A friend at Nikon sent me the camera to use last weekend and I found it to be pretty amazing. Most of my tests were at the higher ISO's and I was stunned.

I've posted some links below of several images shot in real world conditions.

Everything was shot on Fine JPEG. There are two of each image. The first is the untouched file directly from the camera. The second is cropped and adjusted in Levels for purposes of the test. No Sharpening. No Color Balance changes. The crops are without resizing.

The third pair shows a frame I underexposed partly by mistake and partly because of a "no light" area on the field. It was shot at 1000th @ f/2.8 at ISO 3200. The image didn't fall apart when lightened A LOT in Levels. Amazing.

The picture of HS QB #7 alone in the endzone was at ISO 6400.

The NFL pictures were shot at 2000th @ f/4 at ISO 3200.

The last four are a progression from ISO 3200 to ISO 25,600.

I tried to figure out how to attach the full res files to a blog but I'm an idiot so try the links below.

The link below is to a web gallery with 1500px files.

http://galleries.daveeinsel.com/d3test

The link below is to a page that has the full res files.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
25k6New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow