Started Sep 30, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Frank_NZ
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
S8000fd What I like, what I do not
Sep 30, 2007

Bought the s8000fd two days ago replacing my s5500, spent yesterday giving it a test drive.
First impressions camera slightly smaller and lighter, bigger lcd screen.

Positives.

More user friendly has loads of on screen help which makes life easy for those that want to get straight down to business without reading the manual. The manual though is easier to understand and easier to read and follow when compared to the s5500 booklet. Has push on lens cap which will fall off when you turn on the camera. Found buttons for different functions well placed. Took a good range of pictures in different modes of operation. Big bonus is the anti shake. Pleased with the pictures that have been taken. Had fun experimenting with the different modes of operation.

Negatives.

Small EVF which is a disappointment for those of us wearing glasses. LCD screen does not appear to be as sharp as the smaller one on the s5500. Certainly not as good to view in daylight and needs more adjustment to compensate. Have not yet used camera in full sun or at night.

Will add further comments as I use the camera more. Your thoughts and questions welcome.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow