Importing graphs from excel to photoshop....help please!

Started Sep 27, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aussiekate
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Importing graphs from excel to photoshop....help please!
Sep 27, 2007

Hi all,

Im attempting to make a scientific poster in photoshop (the first time ive done this) and was trying to import some graphs that I made in excel. Since it was for a poster I tried to make the graphs more visually appealing by putting gradients in the backgrounds but photoshp does not seem to recognise this since the first time I tried it was displayed as a series of concentric squares, and the second time came up as solid black. Also I created the graphs with rounded corners and a shodow border but when I paste onto the coloured background of my poster this border does not define the graph but instead it is inside a white rectangle.

I have only tried simply copying the graph from excel and pasting into photoshop as this is the only method that I know of. Does anyone else know of a way to do this so that the graph will appear just as it does in excel?

Also I will probably need to resize the graph as I play around with the layout so it would help if it could be treated as vector object (which it does not appear to be now), is this possible? Anybody know how?

Thanks for the help.
Cheers, Kate.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow