High School Sports Photography For Profit

Started Sep 20, 2007 | Discussions thread
Genesee
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Re: High School Sports Photography For Profit
In reply to allinsky, Sep 21, 2007

Hi Al,

I take photos of my kids teams.... and post them for others on the team to view. Perhaps I buckled too quick, but when others kids are involved - I pass word protected the pages right from the start. While I'm still at the hobby stage, I follow this with interest as I'm looking to develop into a business in the future.

I know in our schools in western Canada, a photo permission letter comes home for parents to sign - covers off things such as photos in the year book, if the news paper shows up... etc... If such a thing exist with the schools there, this may be a way to work under their umbrella.

Another way to work around it may be to market to the other schools / atheletic directors - develop a flyer that could be sent home to the parents informing of your services. By proactively creating awareness, you may help avoid issues.

In the flyer - parents could request an action shot - contact you with the request and players number. Here would be the place for - I don't want my childs photo taken - please avoid Number XX. While this may not stop the complaints - it's a tool that can be used to say to the atheletic directors that you are aware of the concerns of a few. It's a positive message that the atheletic directors would hear and they would be better armed to defend your activities, should a complaint arrive.

While this changes the business model, we have to adapt to the evolving issues.

Hope these thoughts help.... best of luck with shoot sports.

If your interested, here are a few of my son playing baseball

http://www.pbase.com/genesee/as_i_see_it

Take care and have a good weekend.

Earl

-- hide signature --

'The more you learn, the less you know.' (unknown)

'Freedom lies in being bold.' - Robert Frost

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow