ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dvb
dvb
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
System overload - not 40D! Me!
Sep 19, 2007

Finally my new kit has arrived! I am now the proud owner of a spanking new Canon DSLR system comprising 40D, 17-55 f2.8 IS, 70-200 f4 IS, Transcend 4Gig, Lowepro SS 200 AW. My plan is to add a Speedlite and 1.4 TC in the future.

It is some years since I used an SLR (Nikon 35mm film) and this new kit is nothing like my Powershot S50. Talk about sensory overload! Me again!

I have decided to keep things simple until I come to terms with the system and intend using the following settings to get back in the swing; RAW, Av, Auto WB, Centre point AF and Partial metering. I chose RAW because I used to have lots of fun playing with chemicals and safelights so this should help my PSE 5 learning curve. I figure these settings are about as close to my previous SLR experience as possible.

I will be firing at lots of different targets to acclimatise before I get brave and try to shoot something worthy of posting.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

-- hide signature --

dvb

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow