Started Sep 17, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Merric Reese
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Life Is Shot, Buy a 40D
Sep 17, 2007

I've seen many threads. Originally about those speculating on the 40D features, the pending release, the announcement, next D300 dooms dayers, then the early 40D adopters, and finally some converts.

As a 40D owner the bottom line from my experience and the threads I've read - if you have a 20D or earlier (including the 400D XTI) upgrade, it's worth it. If you have a 30D maybe skip a generation if your not enamored by the higher frame rate or Highlight Tone Priority. High ISO noise seems better (by better I mean not fantastic but more amenable to noise reduction), frame rate is higher, AF is definitely faster and can track at 6.5Fps.

The gains definitely outweigh the losses - this 40D is a great camera. If you can't wait for (or can't afford) a 5D MII, buy the 40D, you wont regret it. Keep in mind that most photographers have at least 2 camera bodies in their bag. I'm planning a 40D and a 5D MII when they are available.

I like a good discussion, I've put my position out there, let the forum decide its validity.

Regards,

Merric

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow