Started Sep 15, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tombell1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849Gear list
Like?
S8000FD .... potentially good v Panasonic FZ18/ Canon S5IS etc
Sep 15, 2007

Hi guys. I am usuallly on the Pentax SLR site nowadays ... however I have always loved my Fuji bridge cameras ... and i cant help feeling that some people here are being overpessimistic about this camera ....

I must say i was disapppointed that the Super ccd size was not the 1/1.7 as in the 6000 series . however someone has pointed out that at this telephoto it would mean the camera being much bigger.

From my point of view however it answers a nuber of my prayers.

Firstly it combines what i need in a bridge camera ..... I have a S602 wqhich I love but is nowadays a little limited ........

However what do I like aout this camera ...

Super CCD .... unlike the 5700
AA batteries ... a major plus in my view ( unlike the Panasonic)
SD card ... yes please .....
(Both of these latter things make life compatible with my Pentax DS)
Image Stabilisation .. maybe not perfect but a must for Fuji .. ( at last!)
Good High ISO results compared to the opposition
Significant Wide angle

Whislt I can see why some may choose the Panasonic .... if they still have the dreadful results at ISO400 and above then for me at least I will be looking forward very much to trying this new Fuji out ...I think being relatively compact but with the feel of a DSLR this may be the perfect bridge or back up camera ...

Oh and by the way .... I think that when used to the feel of a "proper" DSLR .... then the feel of the Fuji cameras is much nicer than the Panasoni, Canon or Sony ....

So I await the proper review with bated breath and fingers crossed....if I buy look forward to meeting you guys in the future ...

I know its silly but i still like buying cameras from Photographic companies!!!
--
Tom Bell
Dartmooor
Devon
UK

tombell1's gear list:tombell1's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +13 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow