Started Sep 15, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,158Gear list
Like?
G9 ergonomics
Sep 15, 2007

In general terms, based on the posts, G9 is a step forward in improvements over its predecessor which I like to call evolutionary.

RAW and larger screen aside, in attempt to tweak up handling, the grip and thumb rest area has undergone design changes without compromising the basic (appealing) layout of G7.

I have had a chance to handle G9 and I did noticed, that it feels more comfortable in the hand, than the basic G7, but from the posts and Email feedback I have mixed impressions.

There are basically a four groups of responses:

1. Some people, who are new to G7/9 think, the handling is terrible.

2. Some people, who own both cameras, think, that the handling, due to extended grip, enlargement and relocation of the friction pad and modified thumb rest area is a lot better than of G7’s.

3. Some people, who bought G9 and have G7 with the accessory grip, think, that the handling of the G9 has been improved, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

4. Some people upgrading from other powershot’s without the grip, think, that G9 is great in respect of handling.

What is your take on the subject?

Regards

Richard

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow